Friday, September 23, 2016

Like riding a bicycle. Then falling off again.

Over the course of this week, I have tried 5 times to come up with even a short blog post.

Aside from the unexpected death of my friend, the last few weeks have been full of family health issues. Thankfully everything emerging seems to be healed.

The icing on the last few hectic and stressful health-focused weeks has to be my spiking a 102.6 fever along with crippling pain. I tossed back over the counter fever reducers and stomach meds instead of doing the sensible thing of going to an urgent care center or ER. I lived off yogurt and watered down electrolyte-dense fluids. I couldn't do the parental unit who was hospitalized any good if I was in the hospital bed next to them, but clearly I'd do no one any good if I keeled over.

The fever slowly went down, but perhaps in part of my autoimmune disorder or perhaps because I should have been given prescription medication (you know, and received medical care), a low grade one lingered. This week it seemed to finally be gone.

Until I was about to leave the house for a little writing jaunt for the first time in a long time. My husband felt my face and immediately had me take my temperature. Hello 100+ degrees.

Bollocks.

So I'm benched at the moment, watching the Chocolate Factory 2.0 and downing water. I've put off taking care of myself a little too long. I made a long overdue doctor's appointment for myself the other day, dreading the coming laundry list of expensive tests. Procedures. But it's got to be done. Life is short and people depend on me. And I'd like to feel better and enjoy life.

Here's hoping the random fever is gone by morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...