Saturday, August 12, 2017

What a ride

After hopping off one of my favorite theme park rides last night during a quick evening visit with my husband, I thought of a half-way viable blog post. 

What one ride from each of the four local Disney parks would I love to ride non-stop if given the chance.* At least once (though a vague memory says maybe two or three times) cast members let me stay on a ride as many times through as I wanted during a slow evening. It was magical. There, I said it. Alas, last night's visit didn't have an extended-ride-experience but the ride I was on is one I'd love to stay on. 

*I'm restricting this to the mouse's house for a simple reason: Every single ride at Universal Studios' parks (with the exception of the Dr. Seuss and ET rides) I've been on is gone or been overhauled. Which should give a fairly good idea of how long I've spent away from theme parks until recently. Speaking of which, why isn't 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride on the mouse's maps anymore? WeIrD!

With the newest addition to the animal-themed park, my choice is now either of the two rides in Pandora - the slow moving river ride or the immersive flight simulator. 


Hands down, simulated hang-gliding around the world. For someone with a fear of flying and heights, this is one of my favorite rides ever.


For the studio-based park, I'd love a full day on the Toy Story ride. What makes carnival games even better? Being slung around from game to game on a ride that keeps score between you and your companion. 


Oh bother. I have so many favorites at this park AND this is the park I've had the most opportunity to ride something until I scream "Uncle!".* Excluding the ride I've spent the most non-stop time on, my pick's the Haunted Mansion. That being said, it would be easier to list the rides I wouldn't want to ride continuously here than ones I would. 

*Point of fact, it was my companions who begged off that ended my ride as much as I wanted to streak. I came disturbingly close to having a toddler-style tantrum at the park.  How often do you get that kind of opportunity?! *deep, calming breaths*


What rides would you love to stay on as long as you wanted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...