Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blah

I'm mid-blahs, full on shoulder shrugging mood. I think maybe it's the lull between seasons. The end of summer is high birthday season around here. Nieces, milestone birthdays, nephews, what-in-the-name-of-Minecraft-do-they-want, my mom, frantic gift searching, melt your marrow hot outside, rush rush rush. You get the idea. But it's what comes next that I really look forward to every year. Fall, football season, apple everything, Halloween, Thanksgiving, weather cooling off. I love autumn, even if we don't really get that season this far south. 

I'm in a bit of transition myself, as I've said before, working on improving myself and shaking off what or who I think adds negativity. I think it's a few too many transitions, leading me to a kind of autopilot until fall cheer kicks in. It's not that I'm unhappy. Just standard blahs of the first world garden variety. 

BUT, this is my blog and today's post is blah. And that really, truly and sincerely is okay. I know that my day had more positive than blah. I know that last night I laughed so hard with my husband I couldn't breathe and kept relapsing into hysterical fits of laughter for a solid hour later. I know I was productive and knocked out several pages of writing today. I know I was a complete goofball with my dogs off and on and delighted each and every time they let me know how much they enjoyed it. I gleefully watched the very first episode of Sherlock tonight with my husband because he hadn't seen it. PS, after more than a year of badgering, he liked it. Nothing short of a triumph, I tell you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...