Friday, April 14, 2017

Louvre, répéter - AtoZChallenge


I'm spoiled for choice when it comes to bucket list ideas for 'L', and I've been fortunate enough to scratch off a few bucket list destinations already that fall under the 'L' category.

I wouldn't mind returning to a few, but there is one that made such an impression I can't help but dream of going back again. And again. And again. And then maybe some more.

Musée du Louvre.
Mon Dieu!

When I traipsed into this museum oh so many years ago, I knew little in the way of specifics about what resided inside beside the Mona Lisa (underwhelming I'd been told) and the Venus de Milo.

Once inside and armed with the extensive map available, we were warned we couldn't possibly see it all in a few hours. I gamely searched for Venus. I took a moment to appreciate Mona. Somewhere in between, I got turned around and had the most amazing experience exploring areas I'd have never come across otherwise. I fell completely in love with a sculpture I'd never heard of, going out of my way to pass by it again before I left. A print of it now hangs in my office.

Others of my group begged off, leaving the museum in search of food, wine, coffee, a nap. I just kept going until it was time to close.

So, without question the Louvre is at the top of my bucket list. To experience it again. To experience it with my husband, with friends and family. To have my breath literally catch once more at the amazing pieces of art and history contained within.
Only 2 of the several floors. Bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...