Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Jubilant Jointed Jellyfish - J

I am as joyful about 'J' as I was about 'E'. Blame it on the biorhythms, or my joints alerting me to drop in air pressure and the storm that should be here in a few days. I had lots of ideas, nothing that leapt across the desk, grabbed me by the collar and demanded immediate, rabid attention.

Not that H for Handshake, or many of my other posts, is my best effort. I'm better, IMHO, in something a bit more long form.

Regardless of whether or not I chafe at this particular constraint, the show must go on.

'J' is for juggling. Juggling what can feel like a thousand plates in the air and spending most of the time praying they don't crash down around you.

Modern life feels like a gjinormous juggling act. Work, home, social, community, family, self. Broad topics that break down into those thousand plates I mentioned.

I also think that over time we've been conditioned to apologize for not having more plates in the air, for not having the juggling act down to perfection.

So for everyone frantically running about trying to keep fine china in the air, it's going to be okay and perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...