Thursday, April 21, 2016

Quest for Quiet time - Q


I've only been a day late twice (ahem, so far) for this April blogging challenge. That impresses me a little bit because during NaNoWriMo, I'm behind. A lot. I feel that way about life, too. That I'm behind. A lot.

But I'm not as stressed about it as I used to be. What I can get done, I'll get done. Sometimes with grace and good cheer, admittedly sometimes with nail-biting, edge of my seat, just making it to the wire.
The glorious moment when you snap from stress.
So for Q, despite a nice list of words I put together to choose from, I'm going with the Quest for Quiet time. Busy reared it's head this week. Appointments, car maintenance, Mom, the quest to keep a nibling from flunking out of school. (Nibling, by the way, is a great word, and one you'll see as it's a nice privacy setting I can use to talk about the wee ones in my life.) Why do I feel so compelled to explain my time? To prove I'm busy enough? Or to pad the word count? For my purposes, I've been a little stretched for time.

Anyway, this holy quest for what amounts to me time (also known as time to breathe and pee in private) is a piece of the larger working on me project. Making time, finding time, to get regular things done let alone time to do things (or nothing) to make myself feel more enriched has to be done.

So for this month, it's been this blogging thing (technical term). Deadlines are kind of my motivational crack for writing. Regardless of the quality and content of the writing in this blog, the experience, the practice, the schedule is making me chomp at the bit to get back to what I enjoy writing most. Having to write everyday (except Sundays) has become April's quiet time. Everything else has to have a pin in it and will save for an hour or two. Which is what I need to do outside of April without apologies.

You either make excuses or you find a way. It's true in life goals and it's true personally.

Incidentally, does anyone else's quiet time usually involve music?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...