Saturday, April 30, 2016

Zen - Z


How I feel completing this challenge.

Well well, here we are. I bitched. I moaned. I complained. I whined. It was a regular month basically. But *drum roll* I did it.


And to those of you who also participated:

So how in the hell do I pick the final topic for A to Z? Zombie, Zephyr, Zonked, Zippy, Zoom, Zodiac, Zebra, Zenith. I don't know, for the ending of this I just felt the need to get happy with capital Z. I'm going to be predictable and go with Zen.

There is, for those of you not up on esoteric philosophy or trivia, a specific origin and philosophy/spiritual practice/movement behind the word.

But for my purposes (and not porpoises, who chafe at the idea of belonging to any human) I'm going with the culturally/generationally/lazily appropriated version of zen. The idea of attaining bliss, of getting in such a zone of creative perfection that magical solutions just present themselves, of being so purely in the moment that all is right with the world.

Doesn't that just sound divine? (Ha! Get it? Divine? 'Cause it's a... nevermind. I cracked myself up. That's enough for me.)

It's the first bite of a French macaron, before discovering your dog has shredded garbage across the house. It's that moment of inhaling fresh air on a deserted beach, before you swallow a bug. It's snuggling before going to sleep with your honey bunny, before he or she snores loud enough to keep you awake for two more hours. Huh. I'm in a little bit more of a Murphy's law frame of mind instead of straight up zen. Either way, I can still appreciate taking in those fantastic moments that really are all around. Hopefully, the more I notice, the more will appear.


And with that, I declare my 2016 A to Z blogging challenge over.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the challenge!
    @ScarlettBraden from
    Frankly Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last day. Last Words. Last visitor.
    And as Scarlett (above said) congrats. To me too, of course, as I'm just finished as well.

    Will enjoy exploring your blog, as I've often wondered about inner peace.

    Fim

    NOTE: Enelinwen is my Blogger ID. I have done my A to Z from my Quantum Hermit blog: https://fimnorawestcaw.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...