Monday, April 3, 2017

Bavaria - AtoZChallenge



Day 2 and I'm already spinning my wheels for a topic. Be a... I have lots and lots of 'be a...' ideas but that seemed like taking the easy route.

Belly dancing? I've always been fascinated. I've got this amazing cousin who gets into all sorts of adventures and cools stuff and her exploits reminded me that this is still something I'd like to give a go - spine and joints willing. Full disclosure? I kinda 💗the bangles and outfits.

It's prom all over again.

But at the end of the day, it's got to be Bavaria for my bucket list.

'cause of this
and this
and so much of this
And that's just the tip of my Bavarian iceberg. I have a group of ancestors from deep in the heart of the area. History, views, food, genealogy? Totally a must-do trip in my lifetime. Hopefully more than once.

And somewhere, deep in my family history archives, there is a photograph floating around of me as a toddler wearing real-deal lederhosen. Not a cute, Heidi-esque dirndl. Nope, a stiff as hell, made from real leather boy's lederhosen. But that's something for an altogether different therapy session.
To my immense relief, I missed out on that snazzy hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...