Saturday, April 1, 2017

Australia - AtoZChallenge


With last year's experience in mind, I was sure I'd put a fair amount *cough* of effort *snort* into prepping for this year's A to Z Blogging Challenge.

I scribbled down a couple of theme ideas, figured I'd revisit and consider.

Yeah, that worked well.

So as with most of the science fair projects in my life, the night before it's due a spark of an idea came to me: Bucket List. Where do I want to go? What would I like to do?

I liked it. Plenty of directions to go.

A was a gimme. Australia. That is a big dream my husband and I share. I don't know that I wouldn't have to be sedated for the 18+ hrs of air travel - the thought of flying that far makes me... queasy... at best. But somehow I'd like to explore Australia in my lifetime (you know, except for all the wildlife that is deadly and crawls into toilets).

I'd intended to explore a little bit about what I'd like to see and things I'd like to do. But I had a phone call today that underscored the idea of living life to the fullest and kicked me in the gut. A relative's cancer is no longer in remission. And it was almost missed to have allowed it to continue spreading unchecked for a year. And it's not a patient, slow moving, relaxed kind of thing.

So A is still for Australia. And the bucket list of what I want to do in life is once again more precious a thought in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...