Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Organize & Oral History - AtoZChallenge

I am not the most organized person around. Never have been and most likely never will be.

Generally I'm okay with that. Sort of. Or at least I've made peace with my haphazard I-know-I-put-it-somewhere-near-here-edness.

And then there's genealogy. Haphazard doesn't really serve me well here. I've steadily increased my files over more than a decade of research and frankly, there's got to be a better way than what I've been doing.

And it's not just documents, records and notes. Boxes upon boxes of photographs - loose or in albums.

It is an overwhelming endeavor, but I'd very much like to implement an effective organizational system including the scanning and digital preservation of it all.
To go along with that, I'd also like to set up Oral History records of my family's history and interesting stories my dad has told me. I wish I'd had the thought of doing something similar before my grandmother died, but as with so many of us interested in researching our families, we don't realize the questions we'll want to ask until it's too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...