Thursday, April 13, 2017

Kimono - AtoZChallenge


'J' was not my finest hour for this blogging challenge. 'K' has me kind of flummoxed as well.

I'd like to learn to knit someday, to see if the results would be as lopsided as my crochet attempts have been. But that's not really on par with what I envisioned for this month's theme.

And I could always suggest something romantic like kissing in the rain, under fireworks, under a rainbow, while skinny dipping, under a troll bridge... Wait, what? Er, again, that doesn't quite fit my idea of the potential grandness of this bucket list idea. Besides, I'm pretty sure I've already crossed off in the rain and under fireworks. I'm an old married person living in the tropics. Surely I've handled this already.

So, a slightly different approach.

I'd love to be fitted for my very own kimono. There is such a thing as renting the garments for the experience if you're not in the position or inclination to buy.

The kimono is the tip of a niche iceberg for me. I love learning about other cultures and historic/traditional fashions are strong parts of many cultures. Be it lederhosen or saris, I love the idea of 'dressing up' to be more immersed in the experience - says the woman who rocks walking shoes and jeans like nothing else exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...