Friday, April 7, 2017

Egypt - AtoZChallenge


This entry for my A to Z Challenge, Bucket List Edition, was by far one of the first that popped into my head at the beginning of the month.

I have been fascinated by Egypt's history and its historical sites and artifacts nearly as long as I can remember. And unlike my ability to lay a fair amount of my Anglophile-origins at the door of PBS (in conjunction with the BBC) and the Walt Disney Company, I have no idea what sparked my curiosity and captivation with Egypt's extensive history.

I have been fortunate enough to visit a touring exhibit of King Tut's tomb. I have seen, shall we say, pillaged artifacts in museums from the US of A to France, thanks to archaeological juggernaut that began in earnest in the late 1800s. I have been nearly brought to my knees at coming face to face with thousands of years old items I've previously read about in books or watched documentaries on.

So yeah, Egypt on my bucket list is a no-brainer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To the End

When I began this blog 5 years ago, it ended up being a catch-all for whatever slogged through my brain, mostly writing and the difficu...